ATTENDANCE: Sherry Hoefling- Convention President, Carolyn Jung- treasurer, Irene Adams- recording secretary, Ellen Wilson Pruitt- New Dimensions, Shirley Bui- PFS, Leanna Sherman- PFS, Stephanie Manley- Bloomington, Claudia Lindman-Blooms, Alana Deno-Lafayette P.A., Bettie Fields-Hoosier, Helen Hammond-Pallette Talk, CJ Laster-new Dimensions, Evelyn DeVeritch-Blooms, Jeanine Careg-Central, Sharen Edwards-Central.
1. Not for Profit – Meeting to came to order by 2017 President Ellen Wilson Pruitt who signed off with motion carried by Bettie and seconded by Leanna. All in favor, Not for Profit meeting adjourned.
2. WOCP Board meeting called to order. Ellen thanked Claudia and Sherry for a wonderful Convention. Minutes from last year’s convention read online was “approved by all”. Convention members and Vendors all agreed that the Convention was a success and satisfied with the number of Vendors that we have. All felt that the size of the room was spacious for movement and sales. Only concern was not enough chairs for seating.
3. Treasurer’s Report CC Jung reported that WOCP dues are increasing. $40 + state is $8.00 effective May 15, 2016. The State Organization moved that the state fee of $8. be waived this year. 2016 dues remain at $40.00. 2017 year’s dues will be $48.00. An additional $5.00 will be assessed for each Associate dues. CC Jung mentioned that she also paid WOCP to ship Museum pieces back to Indiana
4. The “Garage sale was a huge success. $815.00 collected.
5. 2017 Convention: Hoping to return to Serendipity but no date has been due to negotiations with Serendipity’s building owner and the Mall to determine dates and contracts.
2017 Convention theme is “ Recipe for Fun”( not necessarily all cooking recipes). Idea is that the attendees at convention will get a collection of “recipes” to take home.
Guild assignments were discussed. Guild duties are also posted in the convention book. Negotiation rates are still needed for hotels.
Some other discussions included: Paint-in’s are becoming less popular and that the Silent Auction was not fruitful.( brought in between $12 – 1300.00). Will brain storm ideas for next year. The goal is to have fun and not to be a money maker. We need to make just enough money to keep us afloat.
Amy Carroll will be our Guest Artist.
6. Next board meeting. Meeting is purposely set later this year at which time we should know something concrete as to Serendipity’s negotiation results.. Discussed dates for next year’s Convention. To avoid conflicts with Texas show and also Michigan, Missouri and Iowa perhaps week after Easter (April 19-20, 2017 with set up on the 18) would be a better choice to hold Indiana Convention.
7. 2017 Slate of Officers. President - Ellen Wilson Pruitt, Vice President – Sherry Hoefling, Secretary and Show Chair – Joyce Dwulet, Treasurer – CC Jung, Auditor- Sharon Pampalone, Historian – Stephanie Manley.
8. China Painter Magazine. Concern is that the Convention information is not getting into the magazine in timely manner especially now that magazine is sent out quarterly. Need to submit information well ahead of the time for the next issue. The standard is to send your information to the China Painter the week your receive magazine in the mail. Ellen mentioned also to publicize that people need to look into the WOCP website for most current information and not totally depend on looking at the China Painter.
9. Historian: Installation of Officers done. Stephanie asked that pictures and description of each officer be submitted. She also requested to submit same information from each club to be placed into the books for historical information.
10. Meeting adjourned.
11 . Next State board meeting is set for June 25, 2016 at 10:30 in Lincoln Square Restaurant 7308 East 21 street adjacent to the Marriott East, 21 and Shadeland.